Summer reading

 OK I'm going to try and return from my extended summer frolic and ease slowly back into responsible blogging with short posts about summer.

One of the reasons I've been offline is because I have been reading the Harry Potter series to my dudes over the 3-month long holidays.  We started with the third book (not well thought-out, I know, but when I randomly picked a book off the shelf that night before bedtime I didn't think it represented hours of reading the whole series!).  I totally loved reading the HP books years ago when they came out - waiting for the next one to be published.  So having kids who are just as interested in the story as I was/am is fun. I'm not sure who enjoys reading the books more. Although the boys are already familiar with the whole HP series from watching the movies, we have been slowly, painstakingly revealing all of the detail through the books. I think I have finally convinced the dudes that the book is pretty much always BETTER THAN THE MOVIE.

We love to go outside on these warm sunny days and find a great spot where to sit down and read. Jem has managed to visually document a few of these instances. Here they are...
 




3 Responses so far.

  1. Liene says:

    Are you reading in Latvian or in English?

  2. I remember when you introduced me to Harry Potter all those years ago Mook! I can't wait to share with my boy, we are still working our way through Roald Dahl. Have you read Danny Champion of the world to your boys? It is awesome and very boy friendly. mel x nice to see you resurface after what must have been an awesome summer break !

  3. Mook says:

    Hi Liene! We are reading the books in English. When possible I always try to read the book in its original language... because as good as your translation might be, its never going to be better than in the original. My boys don't need extra stimulus with Latvian reading as they do it in school and Tiss often reads Latvian novels at home on his own. And lets face it... "Hogwarts School" sounds much better than "Cūkkārpas skola"!

    MEL - yes, its great, can't wait to you get a chance to read HP to your two rascals. Haven't read Danny to the boys, will have to look out for it in the bookstore. Don't think its got a LV translation...?!

Leave a Reply

Category

  • (20)
  • (67)
  • (9)
  • (1)
  • (13)
  • (11)
  • (45)
  • (19)

Followers