The Lights of my Life

I woke up this morning to Matiss' smiling face close up to mine, with his tousled blonde hair and ice-cold feet, crawling in next to me under the duna. His friendly greeting: "Your wishes are all going to come true today, Mummy". Yesterday I had said to him that my one wish was that someone would buy me a new pair of blue jeans because my old ones had just ripped in the knee! So guess what I got for my birthday.
These boys certainly make life worth living. Such intense little animals that are so hilarious, little sponges that soak up everything they see and hear. Lately I have been grateful that I can have this time at home with them: teaching them about the little things, watching them grow, and learning a great deal from them about family, patience, humour and kindness.

Leave a Reply

Category

  • (20)
  • (67)
  • (9)
  • (1)
  • (13)
  • (11)
  • (45)
  • (19)

Followers